RE: Image formats (was: Word Figure Captions - a new ques...

Subject: RE: Image formats (was: Word Figure Captions - a new ques...
From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
To: <smcclare -at- neptec -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 12:15:18 -0600

Subject: RE: Image formats (was: Word Figure Captions - a new question)

Scott makes valid points about "Lossiness" tendencies of .jpg. Point taken.

In my experience, inserting .bmp screen caps in a Word doc causes the doc to be
of a larger size than if another graphic format, such as .gif. TIF files seem to
be not appreciably smaller than BMP files. I have always printed screen caps
grayscale, so have not had the color issues/process that Jane references in her
message.

Incidentally, I was on a team that used grayscale screen caps as a workaround
when a client wanted screen caps in the Help file and the tech writers didn't
want to confuse the user.

Enjoy the day,

--Kimber

Kimber Miller