Re: References (was Re: Agencies

Subject: Re: References (was Re: Agencies
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 09:30:38 -0600

Kevin McLauchlan wrote in part:

> Probably, getting involved in the STC would solve some of the problem in
> future. :-)

For any of you who are not members of STC and/or not involved, joining STC and
becoming active is probably the best career investment you can make. There is a
wealth of resources and, in my experience, some of the most helpful people
around.

I became a tech writer with absolutely ZILCH experience in the field. Thanks to
my STC membership and active participation, I've been successful. There's been
plenty of mistakes I DIDN'T make because people were willing to share, to help.

So, if you're not a member - JOIN!!! It's a professional expense. And if you are
a member, be active. You'll get MUCH more than you can hope to give.

Jo Bryd