Re: Worries about tools

Subject: Re: Worries about tools
From: John Wilcox <jwilcox -at- tcsi -dot- com>
To: "List, TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:33:01 -0800

Some respondents are saying take a job no matter what tool you have to
use; learn to be content and try to have some future input. I say
take a job where you're going to be happy. You could literally take
years off your life cussing at Word (I probably have in the past).
You want to use FM? There are plenty of companies using it, and
you'll no doubt be happier working for a manager who agrees with your
choice of tools. If you were a carpenter, would you be happy working
for an employer who insisted you only use a sledge hammer and a chain
saw? (Unhidden allusion to Word there.)

--
Regards,

John Wilcox -- Senior Technical Writer