Re: Do you just bite your tongue?

Subject: Re: Do you just bite your tongue?
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: Debbie Packer <dpacker -at- stingrayboats -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:14:33 -0600

There's probably not any easy answer or solution to this one, Debbie. You did
the right thing by letting your supervisor make the ultimate decision. Life is
difficult when someone "higher up" insists on something that is inaccurate,
wrong, badly worded, whatever.

Without knowing the corporate politics where you work, it's difficult to know
what to tell you. Your best course of action may be educating your
supervisor...explaining why you made the corrections in the first place. This
assumes, of course, the supervisor is amenable to being educated, or can safely
back you without putting his/her job at risk.

Good luck!

Jo Byrd