Re: Is there an "official" term for this process? Summary

Subject: Re: Is there an "official" term for this process? Summary
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "List, Robohelp" <robolist -at- mail -dot- blue-sky -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 16:29:26 -0800 (PST)

> Hi, guys...I'm working on a Functional Requirements
> Specification document and we're using a specific
> functionality similar to what is used in Windows
> Help
> applications. I need to find out what the "official"
> term is for the following process. The best way to

Following is a summary of the suggestions received for
this inquiry:

progressive search
Huffman codes, and hashing
Type ahead (2)
incremental search (2)
filtered list and the process filtering.
auto-search (4)
progressive matching
dynamic wild-card search
refining the search
accelerating the scroll.
type-ahead lookup
full-text search
character matching
quick find
Alphabetical Search
Sorting on the Find tab
Word wheel


John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."
Do You Yahoo!?
Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All in one place.
Yahoo! Shopping:

Previous by Author: Re: Is there an "official" term for this process?
Next by Author: Re: Ladies and gentlemen, I... er...
Previous by Thread: Contract Job Opportunities (onsite/offsite)
Next by Thread: FWD: Discouraging supervisor from tangential assignment

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads