Re: Ladies and gentlemen, I... er...

Subject: Re: Ladies and gentlemen, I... er...
From: Henry Vandelinde <vandelinde -at- wordtek -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 09:44:19 -0500

Dear Tommy,

I suggest the following:

Ever since I was a young boy, I played with documentation . . .

Seriously, I see this as an excellent opportunity to talk about the
importance of good documentation, how it is the front line of any product.
Find anecdotes about the effects of disasterous docs, and success of good
ones.

Talk about project management and the work that goes in to designing a doc,
information mapping, sequencing, and so forth. Let them know you don't
just dash these things off during commercials in the The X-Files.

Carpe docum

Regards,

Henry

>Anyone have good ideas for content? What does an
>experienced writer know that the rest of a high-tech
>company would like to hear about?

Henry Vandelinde, Ph.D.
vandelinde -at- wordtek -dot- com
Web: http://www.wordtek.com