Re: International phone numbers

Subject: Re: International phone numbers
From: "Sharon Deitch" <Sharon -at- eshbel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:59:56 +0200

>Do I need to explain that the +1 is a
>country code, or is that common knowledge outside the US?

Hi Meg...

It is common knowledge here in Israel.

I'd just like to point out that the "+1" doesn't refer only to the country
code. The "+" is the code one must dial to place an international call. It
is country specific (e.g., in the US, I believe it is 011). 1 is the
international country code for the US (as 972 is the code for Israel).

HTH,

Sharon