The answers to RE: MS Word questions.

Subject: The answers to RE: MS Word questions.
From: gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:34:15 -0500

Thanks everyone for helping me out. I'll summarize quickly:

-> To insert the current heading into a page's Header or footer

1. Appropriately place the cursor in the header
2. Choose the Insert > Field menu selection
3. Click on "Links and References" in the Categories box
4. Click on "StyleRef" in the Field Names box
5. Click the Options button
6. Click the Styles tab in the Field Options window
7. Choose the desired style in the Field box
8. Click the Add to Field button
9. Click the OK button.

alternatively this was suggested, though I followed the first method without any
problems.

1. Appropriately place the cursor in the header
2. Choose the Insert> Cross Reference menu selection
3. Select Heading from the Reference Type drop down menu
4. Select Heading text from Insert reference to
5. Choose the appropriate heading from the list

-> The pre-defined colors in my Text and Highlight color tool have disappeared.
How do I get them back?

This stumped most people. Someone suggested that I just remove those two
tools from the tool bar Using the Toos>Customize menu option, then simply
reinstall the tools. This worked perfectly.

-> How do I create running tables with new table headings appearing at the top
of every new page?

Basically you guys should have screamed "GIL, RTFM!!!!" but you were kind.

1. Highlight the top row of the table, the table heading.
2. Choose the Table > Headings menu option

voila!

-Gil