Re: Milestones and Microsoft Project et al.:

Subject: Re: Milestones and Microsoft Project et al.:
From: JimGroark -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:08:30 EST

Joe,

How much efficiency would you say is lost in having to do two extra
keystrokes ("save as" as opposed to "save")? OBTW, it's .MPP, not
".MMP" for Microsoft Project native format.

Also, why is it when I searched the AEC Software Web site ( for
which you provided the URL), I could find no reference to a
product called "Inspiration"?

Jim Groark
From: "Joe" <jsokohl -at- eudoramail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 07:09:26 -0800

Inspiration has a good reputation, and it works on both Wintel and
Macintosh platforms. see http://www.aecsoft.com/
Unfortunately, MS Project and Milestones (and its subproduct, Simplicity),
only work on Wintel platforms. Also, although Milestones & Inspiration
can create .mpx transfer files, they can't import .mmp (Project-native
files). This means the person who is using MS Project must take the extra
step to save the file in .mpx format...something that hinders both
efficiency and usability....
Just my thoughts,
joe
Joe Sokohl