What's Telecom?

Subject: What's Telecom?
From: "Michael Johnson" <michaelj -at- oecmed -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:53:52 -0700

Season's Greetings from Utah!

Because I have a good understanding of electronics, radio communications,
microwave communications, and satellite communications, I always thought
that I could rightfully represent myself as one having a good knowledge of
telecommunications. Not!

Can anybody recommend a good book? Also, would somebody who works in the
telecommunications field kindly explain what the telecommunications
"professionals" mean when they say the word "telecom". Although the word is
frighteningly chic, I'll bet it has as many meanings as users.

73 and Happy Holidays,

Mike Johnson
K7RVX
30M CW Rules!