Re: Great font for lines of code?

Subject: Re: Great font for lines of code?
From: Shlomo Perets <shlomo -at- microtype -dot- com>
To: Scott Wilson <scottw -at- harlequin -dot- co -dot- uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 09:32:56 +0000

Scott,

You wrote (to TechWr-L):

>In some technical documents I have to include lines of code for the user to
>enter at the command line. However, most fonts make it difficult to
>distinguish some letters and numbers (l and 1, 0 and o); has anyone
>discovered a good font for overcoming this problem?

See an excellent article by Olav Martin Kvern in the U&lc online
magazine, focusing on what makes a font good for setting code
(http://www.itcfonts.com/itc/ulc/digwemust.html).

(I recommend all of Olav's articles - in past issues of the printed
version of U&lc, in online U&lc issues as well as in Adobe Magazine).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker-to-Acrobat: TimeSavers / Advanced Techniques Course / Solutions