RE: to be versus ing

Subject: RE: to be versus ing
From: Roy Jacobsen <rjacobse -at- GreatPlains -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:45:47 -0600

The answer is a definitive "It depends." Is this a heading, or part of a
paragraph? As a heading, it could go either way. As part of a paragraph, the
second one fails the "complete sentence" test.

At any rate, I'd rather see the sentence recast as active voice (as others
have also noted).

Roy M. Jacobsen
Documentation Supervisor
Great Plains
1701 38th Street Southwest
Fargo, ND 58103
USA

"Hey Dad?"
"Yeah?"
"Is there people on other planets?"
"I don't know Sparks, but I guess I'd say that, if it's just us, it
seems like an awful waste of space..."