Compellation program recommendations for Modular/Sectional documentation

Subject: Compellation program recommendations for Modular/Sectional documentation
From: Diane Pol <Diane -dot- Pol -at- morbark -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:38:03 +0000

I am at the beginning stage of my research for a Compellation program or possible CMS. I have read through numerous Techwr-l messages, as well as intercom and Technical Communication articles. I have also reached out to multiple industry mentors.

I am looking to update my departments documentation procedures, and therefor seeking insight and advice.

We are writing a series of documents, with each completed document showing a single procedure. The goal is to have the documents available in both on line and printed formats.

The online documents will be complete (modular/sectional) documents, for each individual procedure. The printed document, will be a custom selection of the modular/sectional documents, based on the client's needs.

My goal is to have an encompassing TOC, Index, and continual page numbering for the printed document. The online documents will have hyperlinks to related topics.

What program(s) have been used and are recommended for this type of process?

Thank you,
Diane Pol

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com