RE: Research Request (dissonance)

Subject: RE: Research Request (dissonance)
From: "S. R. Begnoche" <begnoche -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:15:24 -0500

I like the three profiles--in the tradition of They Might Be Giants, I'm
thinking of them as Poet Man, Macro Man, and Moola Man! :) (If you have
absolutely *no* idea what I'm talking about, see
<http://www.tmbg.org/band-info/songs/lyrics/ParticleMan.html> ).

Seriously, though, I think "team" is the key word. The first two described
here strike me as people just entering the profession who haven't developed
teamwork skills yet. They still *think* of themselves in collegiate terms
as an "English (or other liberal arts) major" or a "Science (or
engineering) major" and have the requisite collegiate disdain for those on
the other side of the fence.

Ideally, with experience & professional growth, both of these people come
to see each others' strengths, learn from each other, and recognize how
they are both assets to the team as a whole. The third player, who strikes
me as more experienced, perhaps moving into a leadership role, could also
take some role in helping this growth process along.