(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:08:39 EST

Hello everyone,

I have a small problem.

I'm documenting procedures for a certain department. One of the things they
do involves transmitting and receiving batch files. During the transmission
of the batch file, a "T" slowly moves across the screen. Once it reaches the
right side, it vanishes and reappears on the left to begin moving across the
screen again. This continues until the transmission is complete. The same
thing happens when you are receiving, only you get an "R" marching across the
screen (cute, huh?). Since the process can take up to 45 minutes, I need to
note it in my document.

But, what do I call it? Everyone here calls it the "marching T" (or R, as
the case may be) but I don't feel good about that. I don't have access to
the developers, so I can't ask them what they called it. And, I don't really
want to describe it in detail as I did for you, because I need to keep
everything short and simple for this particular group of users.

I'm open to any suggestions you may have! Thank you.

Kathy Kurth
Technical Writer II
Graebel Companies, Inc.
kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com

Previous by Author: RE: Do you give permission to use your materials?
Next by Author: Re: Adobe FrameMaker (buyer beware)
Previous by Thread: RE: The tech writer who melted into a semi-viscous lava
Next by Thread: Re: (no subject)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads