Re: (no subject)

Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "TrishGreen" <TrishGreen -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:30:53 -0600

How about "scrolling T" or "scrolling T marquee"?

Trish Green
Malachite Finch Publications, Ltd.

----- Original Message -----
From: <Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com>
Subject: (no subject)

> Hello everyone,
> I have a small problem.
> I'm documenting procedures for a certain department. One of the things
> do involves transmitting and receiving batch files. During the
> of the batch file, a "T" slowly moves across the screen. Once it reaches
> right side, it vanishes and reappears on the left to begin moving across
> screen again. This continues until the transmission is complete. The
> thing happens when you are receiving, only you get an "R" marching across
> screen (cute, huh?). Since the process can take up to 45 minutes, I need
> note it in my document.
> But, what do I call it? Everyone here calls it the "marching T" (or R, as
> the case may be) but I don't feel good about that. I don't have access to
> the developers, so I can't ask them what they called it. And, I don't
> want to describe it in detail as I did for you, because I need to keep
> everything short and simple for this particular group of users.
> I'm open to any suggestions you may have! Thank you.
> Kathy Kurth
> Technical Writer II
> Graebel Companies, Inc.
> kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re: Copyrights
Next by Author: Re: Are you debating the elimination of printed docs? (An idea.. .)
Previous by Thread: (no subject)
Next by Thread: Re: (no subject)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads