Re: (no subject)

Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "Dan Roberts" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 06:32:41 -0500

at the risk of sounding Platonic, unless you have a specific reason you
don't feel good about it, do what you audience does and call it a marching T
or marching R. You can always include a subparagraph that explains it
quickly and simply. why reinvent the wheel?
-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com <Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com>
>I'm documenting procedures for a certain department. One of the things
>do involves transmitting and receiving batch files. During the
>of the batch file, a "T" slowly moves across the screen. Once it reaches
>right side, it vanishes and reappears on the left to begin moving across
>screen again. This continues until the transmission is complete. The same
>thing happens when you are receiving, only you get an "R" marching across
>screen (cute, huh?). Since the process can take up to 45 minutes, I need
>note it in my document.
>But, what do I call it? Everyone here calls it the "marching T" (or R, as
>the case may be) but I don't feel good about that.

Previous by Author: Re: "Team Player" - Please Define?
Next by Author: Re: STC SIGs - scam or resource?
Previous by Thread: Re: (no subject)
Next by Thread: RE: (no subject)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads