Re: Pay rate for contractor with no experience

Subject: Re: Pay rate for contractor with no experience
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 06:04:18 -0800

Win, W-2 and 1099 are US tax forms. The Internal Revenue Service, and the employee, of a company gets a W-2 declaring earnings; an independent contractor gets a form 1099.

In the context used in here, although we refer to W-2 contractors, they are really employees of an agency, working as contractors to a client of the agency.

Now don't ask me about Canadian tax laws.

Marc

Okay, I'll show my Canadian-based ignorance.

What's the difference between a W-2 contract and a 1099 contract?

Win

Win Day
Technical Writer

Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer
ePubs, Inc.

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot."