Re: RE. Have you seen this GUI element [...]?

Subject: Re: RE. Have you seen this GUI element [...]?
From: TS <tenglish -at- banet -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:01:13 -0800


I have also seen the ellipses used as a button. Regarding whether it's a
Microsoft standard, you may be able to find out in "The Microsoft Manual of
Style for Technical Publications". Unfortunately, my copy is at the office.

Karen - if you see this and would like to email me privately, I will check
the book for you on Monday.


>>Karen Peterson wonders <<My co-worker recently designed an interface with a
>>control that I am not familiar with, but I don't think he made it up. He has
>>what looks like a drop-down box, but instead of an arrow, the button at the
>>right has an
>>ellipsis. When you click the ellipsis, another window appears, allowing you
>>to select multiple values for the box.>>

>I've seen the ellipses used as a button, as Karen described. There was a
>place where I was doing RoboHelp documentation where all the drop-down
>menus had that. All the work was on-site, so I don't have any picutres to
>send, but I'm pretty sure it is some kind of Windows standard. It was my
>first experience with Win95, so I assumed the two were associated, though
>not necessarily, obviously.

Previous by Author: Re: What are SMEs?
Next by Author: Re: Re: Best 3rd-party book on MS Office 2000?
Previous by Thread: Re: RE. Have you seen this GUI element [...]?
Next by Thread: Re. Deja voodoo? (Two versions of same application)

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads