Re: Work Vs. Environment

Subject: Re: Work Vs. Environment
From: "Joyce Fetterman" <joycef -at- gtsoftware -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 16:28:58 -0500

From my experience, it's better to choose working for a good manager,
especially when the alternative is a known bad manager.

A good manager will work with you to make the most of your abilities.

A bad manager makes for 40+ hours of hell, each and every week. So even
if you like your job, you most likely won't like it under those
conditions.

You just might like the QA job, even though it doesn't interest you
right now. My past QA experience has helped me greatly with current
writing tasks. And if you find that you just aren't happy in QA, at
least your good manager is more likely to give you a good recommendation
when you decide to move on.

That's my two cents...

--
April 15th: Make it just another day!