RE: Lives there a boolean integer?

Subject: RE: Lives there a boolean integer?
From: SusanH -at- cardsetc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:30:48 +1100

Mark Levinson wonders: "Should I stand on the principle that an integer is
not boolean?"

.. Is it so bad to use a transferred epithet? Shakespeare loved them and
English abounds in them!

Though the variable that represents a boolean state is an integer, it
behaves as a boolean variable and its name has simply picked up its
function.. rather like technical writer (writer of things technical)... are
all technical writers technical? No, no, I'm not trying to start a thread
on technical writers being technical, just throwing in another term that
could be considered to include a transferred epithet.

Susan Harkus
This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Ltd (ACN: 069 533 302).
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us immediately
(by reply e-mail) and delete this e-mail from your system.