THAT'S Funny--was: RE: Writing error messages?

Subject: THAT'S Funny--was: RE: Writing error messages?
From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
To: <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:40:27 -0600

Now, THIS is a funny tech writer story!

--Kimber
kimber_miller -at- cs-inc -dot- com

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 7:59 PM
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Cc: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Subject: Re: Writing error messages?

<snip>
I wrote the following error message for an in house application: The
bell would ring five times and this message appeared: "you have pushed
the wrong @#%*@ button. You should be able to push '1' not 'l'. You keep
making this stupid mistake. If this happens I will explode."
My secretary ran out of the office screaming that her computer was going
to explode.
--
Peter