Re: Ghost writers

Subject: Re: Ghost writers
From: "Joel" <coatesj -at- cadvision -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:48:24 -0700

I would like to relate my one experience regarding "ghost writing".

Last year I was refered to a couple who were promoting their "adventure
travel" company. They needed assistance developing promotional literature
and franchisee policy and procedure manuals.

I told them my hourly rate and they asked me to do it for $10/hour less
"this time". I was asked to bill on a "net 90 day" basis. "Next time" they
would pay my full rate. They also demanded that I agree to let them put
themselves as the writers. Also, my name or my company name would not appear
anywhere.

I politely declined and three other writers they approached did the same.
Apparently they eventually did find a writer willing to work to the above
conditions. Somebody must have been really hungry.

Joel Coates
Frontier Communication Ltd.
Calgary , Alberta Canada