RE: Average Length of TW Resume

Subject: RE: Average Length of TW Resume
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:06:09 -0500

At 07:55 AM 03/30/2000 -0500, Win Day wrote:
>...I've been hearing more and more horror stories lately, both
>on this list and from colleagues who recruit writers, about
>candidates who make false claims about material in their portfolios

I've never had a problem with that. Reasonable questioning makes it clear
that I created and developed the systems I wrote about, and that it was I
who wrote the respective manuals.

Hence, the problem appears to be a combination of people who lie about
their accomplishments, and interviewers who don't ask questions that would
determine whether or not they actually did what they claimed.

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)