Re: Silently screaming

Subject: Re: Silently screaming
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:07:57 -0500

At 08:40 AM 03/31/2000 -0800, B. Pfister wrote:
>Yes, I have been in a company where people
>were hired on the basis of knowing a certain
>vice president or a certain marketing director.

When I worked for a major bank, we were constantly stuck with board
members' children, celebrities' offspring, etc. -- all of whom had to be
given meaningful jobs with important titles and good salaries, but no
responsibility if anything went wrong, and most definitely no overtime (and
often not even a full day). In most cases, it would have been much easier
to just cover both jobs than to have to constantly resolve last-minute
crises for which WE (not the special hire) would be blamed.

Any suggestions how to handle that sort of situation in case I'm ever again
confronted with it?

Thank you very much.

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)