RE: Sites like Guru.com

Subject: RE: Sites like Guru.com
From: "M. Giffin" <mgiffin -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:37:31 -0800

S. Burton-Hardin wrote:

> I am finding that these sites don't provide many real leads, either. The
> sites that allow bidding on projects are amazing. People are representing
> themselves as technical writers charging $10 an hour. Of course, people
> are
> getting what they pay for but it is difficult to get across to potential
> clients that crap is crap, even if it is cheap.
>
> Please don't flame. My thoughts alone.
>
> Sharon Burton-Hardin

$10 an hour? I don't know about you-all, but I've lost a lot of tech writing jobs lately to illegal immigrants who don't speak a word of English working for sub-minimum wage. Giant dirty rooms full of Central American ladies sitting at 12-inch monitors. I've been thinking of buying a leaf blower for extra income.

M. Giffin