RE: Advice for Job Seekers

Subject: RE: Advice for Job Seekers
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: Sharon Burton-Hardin <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:42:35 -0500

Sharon's stories remind me, not of any interviews I have had, but of a lunch
with a rep from an agency. At the time we had two writers from his agency
working for us. He called and invited me and the writer I was supervising
out for lunch. The other (female) writer from his agency warned me that he
would take
me to lunch at a place that had a lingerie show. I could hardly believe it,
but
that's exactly what he did.

I pretended to act like I didn't expect it, and asked, "What are all these
women
doing running around in their underwear?" He acted embarrassed and claimed
that he didn't know about it. Since I knew that was a lie, I said, "Well, I
think
it's really rude." I couldn't imagine what kind of rep would think it was
appropriate
to take a female client to a lingerie show! Even the male writer was
embarrassed!

Kay Robart

. . .he held his hand out so I could clearly see the ring that
showed 2