Dept Resource Sharing

Subject: Dept Resource Sharing
From: "Miller, Marlene" <mmiller -at- federatedinv -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:57:58 -0400

I have a question for corporate and other technical communication groups
about sharing job resources among department colleages - do you do it well?
We've been trying for two years to build a homepage for our documentation
group of 8 people, but it's like the shoemaker's children - we build
intranet homepages for everyone else but never get our own done.

Our resources (templates, reference sources, tips and tricks, new employee
info, standards and guidelines, birthday lists, project planning documents,
timesheets, clips from TECHWR-L, etc.) are scattered among a shared network
drive, shared public folders in Outlook, the corporate intranet, individual
hard drives, binders full of hardcopy, even Post-It notes on our computers.
We have the skills and tools to do the job, we don't have the time.

I'm curious to know if there are other shoemaker's children out there. If
you could have the ideal resource-sharing mechanism for your department,
what would it be? Thanks.

Marlene Miller
Federated Investors
mmiller -at- federatedinv -dot- com