XML Anyone?

Subject: XML Anyone?
From: "Miller, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Miller -at- Anheuser-Busch -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:23:38 -0500

I am currently using XML in tandem with a custom Access program I built.
Basically, I enter my information in Access and export reports from Access
formatted with XML tags. Access is a temporary solution until the XML editors
mature. I have been able to produce good formatting and data manipulation using
XSL and some javascripting.

The W3C standards were difficult for me to understand. I found the information
available on Microsoft's Web Workshop at http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/ to be
very helpful as well as the book - XML Bible - by Elliotte Harold publisher IDG
Books Worldwide, Inc.

The XML solution I have described has helped me to manage a large amount of
information. That being said, I have often wondered if Folio would have been a
better solution because it starts with an Infobase. I didn't go that route
because of my limited experience with this tool.

Lisa Miller
Technical Writer
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.