Re Non-disclosure agreement and portfolio

Subject: Re Non-disclosure agreement and portfolio
From: Julia Land <jltw -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:54:46 -0500

A few days back, Anne Chenette asked:

> I would like to add a statement granting me permission to use copies of my work
> (manuals, tutorials, online help, and web pages) in my portfolio. The company is
> OK with this, but asked me to submit a statement for approval.
>
> Does anyone have a nice "canned" statement to this effect that I could plagerize?

I'm an independent contractor, and here is what my standard agreement
says.

---------
XYXY will hold all proprietary information in confidence and will not
disclose it to any third parties. Proprietary information means any
scientific or technical data, or operating, financial, or business
information that is valuable to the Company or others and that is not
generally known in the industry.

Notwithstanding the provisions regarding proprietary information, the
Company will provide XYXY one copy of the final work. XYXY may include
extracts from the work in a portfolio used exclusively for marketing
XYXY services.

---------

Julia
--
Julia Land JLTW
jalnd -at- earthlink -dot- net 713 963 0662