Resellers

Subject: Resellers
From: "Kim Nolder" <knolder -at- zaccatalog -dot- com>
To: "Tech Writers" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 08:07:23 -0400

I have been on this list for a while now but this is the first time I have
responded on-line. I am interested in this thread because I work for
software resellers.

I admit that when I write the Technical Information Sheets, I go to the
vendor Web site and cut and paste the product information. For one, this is
what I am told to do, but it is also the only way to get the most precise
information to our customers (regarding the software we are selling). I
could not possibly write all of your information in my own words and expect
to relay all the information correctly (our main products are software
development tools). We do not claim to have written the original material
and I don't think our customers think otherwise. We sell such a huge range
of products that we could never be an expert at it all. I also must say
that I clean up a lot of information that I use. Sometimes it seems that
the vendors don't even use a simple spell check. Grammar is another problem
I come across. I am an English major and do not claim to be an expert but I
do hope I bring something to the information I put together.

In closing, if any of you have any suggestions for me (as a reseller), I
would gladly accept any comments you may have. We are an international
catalog company and we deal with developers from all over the world. Thank
you for your time!!:)

I find this list to be very helpful and I hope I have not offended anyone!

Kimberley