Subject: Summary: documenting a mess
From: "Kim Forbes" <kim_portonova -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:42:51 GMT

Hi All,
First I'd like to thank all of you for your suggestions. I did go to my boss, and she went to her boss. They both decided that they didn't want me to spend so much time documenting a flawed product for such a small audience.

I went to the developer and told him that he needed to basically figure out how his program worked. Once he had established the relationships and functionality of the program that I would be happy to create both a system administrator's and a user's guide for him. I also agreed to work on a policy and procedure manual for the product in the meantime.

Thanks again for your help
Kim