Re: Templates for tools docs?

Subject: Re: Templates for tools docs?
From: susan-gallagher -at- vertel -dot- com
To: techwr-l
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:36:15

Pam Mandel wrote:

> I'm shifting from writing user focused stuff to working on highly technical
> docs. I'm looking for a template or outline that might be a good starting
> place for writing docs for software tools, apis, sdks, that kind of stuff.
> Any resources y'all might recommend?
> Thanks.

Hope I'm not too late to respond to this! I was conferencing and
then moving, so I've been nomail for a while.

I just presented a session on writing API docs at the STC conference
in Orlando. The full text of the paper is at:

http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/cmindware/api.htm

I'll be developing a half-day session on writing API docs for the
STC Pan Pacific conference in Hawaii in October and will also submit
the session proposal for the 48th annual STC conference in Chicago
next May.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher