Re: Objects that share a fate

Subject: Re: Objects that share a fate
From: Martha J Davidson <editrix -at- slip -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 10:16:01 -0700

At 12:35 PM 6/6/00 +0300, Mark Levinson wrote:

Again I'm looking for a pair
of words to describe a relationship. This is a
relationship in which by doing something to one
object, the user automatically does it to a number
of other specified objects.

Hi Mark,

I noticed that the responses so far tried to define the
relationship between the objects. One person mentioned
inheritance, which is the first thing I thought of.

Then I thought more about the original action and the
resulting actions and wondered if you could somehow
use the verb "cascade," as in cascade deletion, when
you delete a parent object in a database and all the
child objects get deleted as a result.

Just a thought,
martha
--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me,
If I am only for myself, what am I,
If not now, when?"
--Hillel, Mishna, "Sayings of the Fathers," 1:13