User Names + Joe Bloggs

Subject: User Names + Joe Bloggs
From: "Ead Ni Domhnaill" <ead_ciara -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:23:07 GMT

Hello all,

Its a beautiful sunny day in dublin and I have another question..

Are there any papers or guideline for the use of names in User Manuals -
I know the John Doe and Joe Bloggs are busy men? But are there any guidelines - I don't want to alienate any culture/user/sex etc.?

I was wondering does anyone have any advice - The software is at present distributed around Europe - but there are expansion plans for the US.

Thanks ..

Eadaoin