RE: OT: Establishing standards

Subject: RE: OT: Establishing standards
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- dukane -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:31:59 -0500

I've been following this thread with interest since it relates to a campaign
I'm currently waging in my own company. No standards have been set for the
GUIs that our programmers create. I do provide input as I document the
applications, but I find myself pointing out the same problems on every new
app they create. I've called a meeting with key people to discuss this issue
and come up with an action plan for implementing some standards, but I'm
dubious about how successful we'll be. How have other tech whirlers handled
this? Have any of you successfully spearheaded an effort to standardize your
GUIs?

Cindy
cmetzger -at- dukane -dot- com