Re: Documentation Coding

Subject: Re: Documentation Coding
From: joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:16:17 -0400

Emily,

In our setup, we put an ICN (inventory control number) on the cover plus the
document's release date (e.g. 6/00). The ICN is used to match the manual
version with the correct version of the product. For example, manual Rev. B
with software Version 1.1.

The ICN is part of the product's Bill of Materials, so the shipping department
knows to put "one of these" with "one of those" and "two of that" in the box.

Regards,
Joe Miller
Senior Editor
Packard BioScience Company
joemiller -at- packardbioscience -dot- com

Senior Member, STC
Member, IEEE