Re: National Writer's Union

Subject: Re: National Writer's Union
From: Michele Davis <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:48:51 -0500

I currently belong to the NWU, but unline Andrew, I do not own a contracting
house, I have some friends that are recruiters, but to honest I think most
recruiters are slime. I have several local recruiters I could use to
substantiate my claims.

Back to the point, because I write books I have a literary agent, and since I
have an agent, its good to belong to the NWU, plus there is a sense of
community, for me, at least, knowing people in the NWU. I have gotten some
writing gigs from other NWU members who are business writers, and some valuable
information as well. The Union isn't all bad, and as a member you don't have to
believe in all the rhetoric, most people are members of a particular religion
yet don't follow the rules of that religion. I know people who are Catholic who
use birth control or are fixed, and the Church certainly doesn't condone that.

I have never found their attitude to be "us-against-them-at-Defcon-5." But then
again, as I said I don't buy into all the rhetoric. For my $210/year I have made
a lot of contacts and money for the NWU to be dispensible in my life.
--
Michele

just another stop on the web: http://www2.bitstream.net/~mdavis