Re: Purpose Statement for Style Guide

Subject: Re: Purpose Statement for Style Guide
From: "Steven Shepard" <steves -at- yardi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:33:03 -0700

Productivity. If it is clearly spelled out how something is to be
constructed and written, writes spend less time reinventing the wheel each
time the write something new and more time just writing. It creates a
reusable mold you pour writing into instead of constructing that mold from
scratch each time.

Quality. It is a must to create a consistent quality product (of course,
some companies don't consider quality docs something important.

Usability. Consistency across a single manual or an entire product line
makes it much easier for the customer to use and understand.