EPS technical discussion (was Re: The perfect screenshot)

Subject: EPS technical discussion (was Re: The perfect screenshot)
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:13:31 -0400

Hallo:

I used to think EPS applied only to vector images. However, I was recently
corrected by a graphics guru who insisted *any* graphics format can benefit
from the PostScript wrapper provided by EPS. Thus, bitmaps can be converted
to EPS. This information was new to me.

Anyone care to comment?

I still use EPS for vector images, such as CorelDRAW!, Illustrator,
Freehand, etc. I still default to TIFF for bitmaps headed to a PS or color
print file or cross-platform. I use GIF and BMP for the bitmaps that stay in
windows or for which color accuracy is unimportant.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com