Re: Does Frame Suck? From a new user

Subject: Re: Does Frame Suck? From a new user
From: Fred Brown <fred -dot- brown -at- allegrotechindexing -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:34:09 -0400

When I started using FrameMaker I felt I was back doing programming again. And after a while I found myself starting to think like Frame -- perhaps a bit scary.

In terms of indexing, coding index markers, especially for "See" and "See also" references, can be complicated. Other the other hand, FrameMaker is one of the few packages that allows you to alphabetize the index correctly (something indexers worry a lot about) and to create hypertext links from the index back to the body of the text (very handy for online documents).

Fred Brown

At 08:31 AM 07/21/2000 -0400, you wrote:

Some of you know I am relatively new to Frame and am
learning it now.

I have to tell you - this has got to be one of the
strangest software packages I have ever seen. Of
course, it could just be that I don't know some trick,
or haven't gotten it all down yet.

It is really excellent in many ways. But it has also
got all of these things that it doesn't (I don't think
) do.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Allegro Technical Indexing
"FrameMaker indexes that save time."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Allegro Time!" the FREE ezine about
indexing for technical communicators.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
fred -dot- brown -at- allegrotechindexing -dot- com
http://www.allegrotechindexing.com
voice: (613) 728-5761 fax: (613) 728-5761
~ ~ ~ ~ ~