Re: Use of Acronyms (was: no subject)

Subject: Re: Use of Acronyms (was: no subject)
From: Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com
To: dchinell -at- msn -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:03:12 EDT

<< Kathy:

This is also a good time to think of a glossary.

Bear

Bear,

We do have a single glossary compiled from all our documentation. The
glossary is available to all our users. It's in the same location as the rest
of our documentation. We've discussed linking the terms in our documents to
the glossary, but we stumble over the fact that we are not part of computer
industry and most of our users are challenged by simple navigation through
our PDF documents. Linked terms may be beyond them. We make our links to
other documents very obvious with graphics that say "to see such and such,
click the big whatever." <True Story> While walking one of our VPs through
one of our documents, his mouse passed over one of the links. Of course, his
pointer changed to a pointing finger. He didn't care for this and wanted to
know why we would put such a thing in our documents. He wanted it removed
immediately! </True Story> We're trying very hard to help our users become
more computer savvy, but we have a long way to go.

Have a great day!

Kathy