RE: Pray for me

Subject: RE: Pray for me
From: technical_writer -at- rte -dot- com
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:11:0

Barb wrote:
>I don't believe it is possible to have much more
>than an outline with imported text by next Thursday, l
>et alone a FDA ready version.

Um...that was THIS Thursday. Yesterday.

I gave 'em context-sensitive Help for the 6 major screen tabs and two other
windows, 1 page per tab, available by pressing F1 (no right-clicks
allowed). I also had the first 6 chapters of the Users Manual in HTML-Help
format, with TOC/Index/Search, available as a menu item under the Help menu
at the top of the screen.

It's ugly, but technically accurate (barely, in spots) and it works. I
didn't have time to do any real editing on the manual itself. It was
written by a stressed-out contractor and two managers last April. They all
have different writing styles, and the product has changed a wee bit since
then. I'm itching to get in there and clean up the print version. Maybe
next week.

And I now know why people bitch about RoboHelp!
Learn something every day, around here...

Quit? Moi? Nah. I'm having way too much fun.

Kat Nagel
(Still haven't had a chance to catch up with my email. Sorry, guys. It
doesn't usually take me this long to respond.)