Re: Some Commonsense re: MS/Corel Alliance

Subject: Re: Some Commonsense re: MS/Corel Alliance
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: Mike Adams <Mike_Adams -at- summithq -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 08:51:25 -0400

Mike Adams wrote:

> Sorry to disappoint you:
>
> http://x64.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=663533714&CONTEXT=970678430.98828312&hitnum
> =4
>

> Let's not do the flame war bit today. Maybe Friday ;-)

Today is Friday, but I still won't do a flame war. <g> From all
indications I have seen Corel is not being acquired by MS. Corel is
still committed toward backwards comparability. It is a small company
fighting to stay alive. The last thing Corel needs right now is adverse
unfounded rumors. Your reference was to Visio, not WP. Unless I am being
paid to advocate, I simply try to be objective. I cannot get impassioned
over a computer program, unless exception 1. applies.)

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)