RE: Forcing FrameMaker to save backups to named folders...

Subject: RE: Forcing FrameMaker to save backups to named folders...
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:33:37 -0400

Thanks, Max:

I have yet to see FrameMaker recover information automatically from a backup
file . . . usually, when my PC crashes (I have yet to have FrameMaker 6
crash, BTW, none of the e-mail this message to Adobe type message boxes that
I saw infrequently with 5.5.x), FrameMaker creates a *.lck file but there is
no way of recovering what happened after the last save and before the crash.
Thus, the backups don't seem to benefit me in this way.

However, write the batch file to copy, rather than move the backups, if the
intent is to save backups off the local machine for safety's sake . . ..

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com