FWD: Contracting on the side...ethical?

Subject: FWD: Contracting on the side...ethical?
From: <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 00:16:10 -0600 (MDT)

I am employed for a dot.com start-up company as a technical writer. I was
approached by someone who works for another dot.com in my building, to see
if I would be interested in contracting with them for technical writing
work. Is it unethical to consider doing this? I had not sought the work,
and I am happy in my present job, but I must admit I am intrigued at the
notion of contracting, and I'd like to find out more. I'd like to know if
any other Techwhirlers had this situation arise, and how they handled it.

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.