RE: The OTHER Test

Subject: RE: The OTHER Test
From: Christi Carew <ccarew -at- rangestar -dot- com>
To: "'Marilyn_Baldwin -at- capgroup -dot- com'" <Marilyn_Baldwin -at- capgroup -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:07:41 -0700

So then, do you drive 55 (or 65)? Do you work actively to increase the speed
limit on your local freeways? Are you "flaunting the law"? By this
definition, police officers themselves, along with a vast majority of the
population, "flaunt the law" (at least in my area).

Trying vaguely to bring this back to technical writing... and in doing so
changing the subject...

Everyone seems to ignore the "Speed Limit 65" signs around where I live. But
recently, the local goverment has been changing the color of pedestrian
crosswalk signs, from black and white to that yellow-green of new
firetrucks. It sure made me notice them. I'm curious whether it's the color
or the change in color.
Sometimes, change for the sake of change may make sense. Maybe warnings in
manuals would be read more often if they were made more noticeably
different.