RE: The Origins of Techwriting (WAS:Re: Techwr-1 polls)

Subject: RE: The Origins of Techwriting (WAS:Re: Techwr-1 polls)
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:47:36 -0500

I apologize if I made an error assuming that all technical writing was
computer writing. I know it's not the case ...

I recall seeing some articles published in the STC Journal a number of years
ago - Geoffrey Chaucer - English's First Technical Writer. I also recall
hearing James Burke comment in one of the "Connections" series pieces that
Julius Caesar was a great technical writer - some of his treatises on
warfare and war equipment are excellent examples of writing about a
technical subject...