RE: The Origins of Techwriting (WAS:Re: Techwr-1 polls)

Subject: RE: The Origins of Techwriting (WAS:Re: Techwr-1 polls)
From: Renee LaPlume <rlaplume -at- flexstornet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:46:43 -0600

At 11:42 AM 11/13/00 -0800, John Gilger had this to say:

If the truth be told, documenting software is boring when compared to
documenting hardware or complex electro-mechanical equipment like that used
in a refinery, electrical generation plant, or manufacturing facility.

My response to this statement: say what?

However, software companies seem to pay more, so those of us having a
mercenary streak in our souls go for the money rather than the interesting

I don't find software documentation boring at all (well, not any more
so than any job having its boring parts). In fact, I would probably be
bored silly if all I did was hardware and similar docs. As far as the
money part goes, if I was really that mercenary, I would have just become
a programmer. ;)

Renée L. LaPlume, Inc.
rlaplume at flexstornet dot com