RE: Significant digits

Subject: RE: Significant digits
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:03:29 -0500

I'm with you, John

My 2¢, anyway ...

-----Original Message-----
From: John Posada [mailto:jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 2:51 PM
Subject: Significant digits

Hi, guys...I've go a developer that is insisting that the following
statement is accurate:

"All conversion rates are processed and displayed to six significant
digits. E.g. 12.3456 or 123.456 or 0.00123456."

My contention is that the last number is displayed to eight
significant digits and that six digits would be 0.001234.